Attach the Tag
After programming attach all the tags appropriately onto your pets' collars.
• The RFID tag that comes with the PortionPro Rx uses our own patented Pet Field Communication technology to control pet access.
• Tags have a battery life of 1 year and are water resistant up to 3 feet.
• Every pet in the home should wear a tag on their collar.
• All tags are by default unauthorized to any feeder. Only tags that you authorize during programming are approved by particular feeders.
• If purchasing less feeders than you have pets in the home you'll want to purchase additional tags in our store to ensure they all have a tag.
PortionPro Rx Delivers Food
The proper amount of food will be dispensed at the time and in the amount you programmed.
• The PortionPro Rx delivers anywhere from 1/2 cup to 6 cups of dry food DAILY. We recommend 5/8's of an inch diameter or less for best accuracy and food delivery.
• For dogs you choose either 2 or 3 meals per day.
• For cats you choose either 2, 4, or 6 meals per day. 6 meals is automatically divided over a 24 hour period and is the optimal setting for cat health as they get small frequent meals.
Authorized Pet Approaches
The door stays open whenever the authorized pet is around to allow them to enjoy their meal.
• If your feeder is in open mode the door will remain open.
• If your feeder is in closed mode the door will open allowing access to the food bowl and stay open for 15 seconds after the approved pet walks away.
• The authorized pet has access to the food bowl anytime of the day whether there is food in it or not. We control how much food the pet gets and what time they get it, not how they choose to access it.
Unauthorized Pet Approaches
The door closes when any unauthorized pets are within 2 feet to prevent food stealing.
• Not allowed to access food in the feeder.
• In our test studies even the most aggressive food stealers lost the behavior within one week.
• Our active RFID system shuts the door from 2 feet away to ensure no food stealing can occur.
• After an unauthorized pet leaves the feeder area the door will remain shut for 20 seconds to ensure they lose interest and don't guard the feeder.
Sit Back and Enjoy
All you need to do now is enjoy effortless mealtimes as the PortionPro Rx takes care of everything!
• Keep an eye on the food bin to ensure it stays nice and full so your furry children continue to be fed. (An alert will let you know if the food bin goes empty)
• Occasional cleaning is suggested and very simple. All parts that touch the food are removable and easy to clean.
The PortionPro Rx allows you to preset daily meal times for your furry family members. For dogs you can program either 2 or 3 meals per day and for cats we offer options of 2,4, and 6 meals per day. These options allow you to ensure that your pets are fed consistently no matter what the day throws at you!
The PortionPro Rx takes all the guesswork out of feeding your pets. Just program in the amount of food you want to feed your pet daily and it will automatically divide and portion out meals for one pet in the home.
Using unique tags on the collars of your pets the PortionPro Rx controls access to the food bowl, allowing the appropriate pet to eat from the feeder while all others are restricted access. With this system food stealing in multi-pet households can finally be eliminated!
Our patented Pet Field Communication System (PFC) uses an RFID receiver in the pet’s tag to communicate with all feeders in the home. Unlike other feeders which use a passive system; our active RFID system sends signals to the feeder, up to 2 feet away, allowing the food bowl door to close earlier and prevent food stealing. Each pet in the home is expected to wear their own PortionPro Rx tag for the system to work properly.
The original intention of the PortionPro Rx is to solve the feeding chaos associated with having multiple pets in the home. More times than not when there are multiple dogs or cats in a home there will be at least one pet who has food stealing tendencies, meal time aggression, food guarding behavior, or one of several other common feeding problems. With the PortionPro Rx we restrict access to the food from other pets in the home and ensure that only the right pet is fed from the feeder. Rather quickly other pets in the home learn that they will receive no reward and this reinforcement reduces and eliminates the inappropriate behaviors.
As the old saying goes an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure; with that in mind it is best to have your pet eating portioned amounts on a daily basis as early in life as possible. However, if your pet has already been packing on some weight it doesn’t mean that you can’t reverse this potential health risk. Just like humans you can put pets on a diet to help them lose weight, but the biggest hurdle is keeping the weight off. That is why we feel that the PortionPro Rx is vital in pets’ everyday life!
With the PortionPro Rx you can properly feed prescription diets to the right pet in the home. No more feeding that expensive food to all your pets just to make sure the correct one receives their food. No more worrying about other pets eating prescription foods that could potentially be dangerous for them to eat. By only allowing the prescribed pet access to the food you can make sure that they're staying as healthy as possible based on your veterinarian's recommendations.
Treatments and surgeries for various ailments can cost hundreds upon thousands of dollars. By avoiding these issues in the first place with the PortionPro Rx pet owners can save boatloads of money in the long run. Food costs will also be lower now that food stealing can be eliminated; especially with those expensive prescription foods that some pets need.
The PortionPro Rx is a revolutionary feeding system that controls the amount of food your pet is fed in a day. It is intended to be used to feed one pet in the home while restricting access to all others. In this way the PortionPro Rx makes sure that only the appropriate pet is eating the food meant for them.
*Patent Numbers: 6349671, 8161911, 8166922, 8893658, 9345231, D806958